tabs

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Token New Year Post

As I sit in my desk chair at 1 in the morning, I have one thought: Why can I not think of another title for this post that isn't '2015'? 

Seems to me like avoiding clichés in a post that in itself is cliché, is a bit redundant. So in a strategic move to seem nonchalant over the whole matter, the current title was born. 

I would use a few words to describe the whole of 2014. It was full of firsts, new friendships, discoveries, lessons learnt. It was also turbulent and at times incredibly hard, sad and challenging. It was home to certain stages and events in my life that made me realise a lot of important things. As a result, it's led to a compilation of resolutions I know I will achieve this year. Of course no one needs to wait till the new year to make changes in their life, but a lot of people underestimate just how much we could all use a clean slate – and often a new year provides just that. 

My resolutions this year are probably the first I have ever seriously made, and they include everything. Fitness goals, like getting into acro-yoga and rejuvenating my flexibility; altruistic goals, like do more volunteering and be nicer to my mother (no, really); educational goals, like be more fluent in Swedish and Spanish. I do also believe one of my resolutions is literally 'Drink more water'...because hydration is important, and water is delicious. And I won't get into my more personal resolutions, but I will say, if there's something we can all do, it's focus more on our friendships and strive to form new ones. Because if 2015 doesn't turn out how you wish it did, those are the dudes who are going to help you through it. So don't be a Debbie Downer or a Negative Nancy and make time for them. 

I also wanted to squeeze in as much corn and cheese into one post, that way we don't have to deal with it later on, and just say thank you to everybody who reads this blog, it does mean a lot to me. And speaking of, posting more on the blog, and adding a little variety, will definitely be on the agenda this year. I think I might even go out and buy one of those paper things with all the days and months of the year in them (a calendar I think???) and start being a little more organised. 

Last, but not least (re: clichés), I do have a final little thing to share. I am currently working on a novella that I hope to get published... It's a work in progress, but definitely something I am aiming to be finished by the end of the year. I'm planning to perhaps write a little post on it, talking about its themes and style, maybe even share an excerpt. 

Aaaaand that's a wrap folks. Hope you achieve your resolutions and have a lovely month of January. 

// Margot Ana 

No comments:

Post a Comment